Biology of cells, Human development and genetics and Biology of tissue response to disease: are three topic of “USMLE Detailed Outline of Topics Covered on Step 1” content, that we want to continue to introduce to you, besides 100 USMLE step 1 questions free on the Step One of United States Medical Licensing Examination given by the National Board of Medical Examiners, in this USMLE Step 1 practice test.
USMLE Detailed Outline of Topics Covered on Step 1
Biology of cells
- structure and function of cell components (eg, nucleus, cytoskeleton, endoplasmic reticulum, plasma membrane)
- signal transduction (including basic principles, receptors and channels, second messengers, signal transduction pathways)
- cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesion
- cell motility
- intracellular sorting (eg, trafficking, endocytosis)
- cellular homeostasis (eg, turnover, pH maintenance, proteasome, ions, soluble proteins)
- cell cycle (eg, mitosis, meiosis, structure of spindle apparatus, cell cycle regulation)
- structure and function of basic tissue components (including epithelial cells, connective tissue cells, muscle cells, nerve cells, and extracellular matrix)
- adaptive cell response to injury
- intracellular accumulations (eg, pigments, fats, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, inclusions, vacuoles)
- mechanisms of injury and necrosis
Human development and genetics
- embryogenesis: programmed gene expression, tissue differentiation and morphogenesis, homeotic genes, and developmental regulation of gene expression
- congenital abnormalities: principles, patterns of anomalies, dysmorphogenesis
- principles of pedigree analysis, including inheritance patterns, occurrence and recurrence risk determination
- population genetics: Hardy-Weinberg law, founder effects, mutation-selection equilibrium
- genetic mechanisms: chromosomal abnormalities, mendelian inheritance, multifactorial diseases
- clinical genetics, including genetic testing, prenatal diagnosis, newborn screening, genetic counseling/ethics, gene therapy
Biology of tissue response to disease
- inflammation, including cells and mediators
- acute inflammation and mediator systems
- vascular response to injury, including mediators
- inflammatory cell recruitment, including adherence and cell migration, and phagocytosis
- bactericidal mechanisms and tissue injury
- clinical manifestations (eg, pain, fever, leukocytosis, leukemoid reaction, and chills)
- chronic inflammation
- reparative processes
- wound healing, hemostasis, and repair: thrombosis, granulation tissue, angiogenesis, fibrosis, scar/keloid formation
- regenerative processes
- classification, histologic diagnosis
- grading and staging of neoplasms
- cell biology, biochemistry, and molecular biology of neoplastic cells: transformation, oncogenes, altered cell differentiation, and proliferation
- hereditary neoplastic disorders
- invasion and metastasis
- tumor immunology
- paraneoplastic manifestations of cancer
- cancer epidemiology and prevention
USMLE step 1 questions free with instant result [100 items]
The same as many other USMLE step 1 test, we present 100 USMLE step 1 questions free with instant result in this practice test to help you can review your knowledge, skills and their strengths on the USMLE step 1 exam.
Related free usmle step 1 practice test:
One hundred USMLE step 1 questions free in this practice test is divided into four sections, with 25 items each section. When you complete the 25 USMLE Step 1 practice questions in each section, click on the “Next” button at the bottom of the page to foward to next section and continue to implement your free USMLE practice test.
To respond 100 USMLE step 1 questions free in this practice test: Click the button corresponding to the best answer for each question.
When you are finished, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the Section 4’s page. Your browser window will reload, displaying your results.
This USMLE step 1 practice test is not timed, and you may take it as many times as you wish.