ACSM clinical exercise specialist practice exam
This free ACSM clinical exercise specialist practice exam with answers will help you so much to get prepared the ACSM Clinical Exercise Specialist certification exam. This part includes 25 ACSM clinical exercise specialist practice exam questions in the multiple choice format, same with the real exam.
You also intereseted in:
The Clinical Exercise Specialist (CES) works with individuals who have controlled cardiovascular, pulmonary, and/or metabolic diseases. A CES implements the best possible exercise programs for their clients and their individual medical conditions. A bachelor’s degree in an exercise science-based field is required in order to become an ACSM Clinical Exercise Specialist (CES). Examples of fields related to exercise science include kinesiology, kinesiotherapy, physiology, exercise physiology, and exercise science.
A student in his last semester, term, quarter, or trimester of his degree program may sit for the examination. An accumulation of at least 400 hours of clinical experience in a program approved by the Committee on Accreditation for the Exercise Sciences (COAES) is required. Programs not accredited by the COAES require at least 500 hours. Current certification as a basic life support provider or CPR certification for the professional rescuer is also required. Examination material is as follows:
- Health appraisal and fitness exercise testing: 26 percent
- Development of an exercise program: 19 percent
- Electrocardiography and diagnostic techniques: 17 percent
- Exercise science and physiology: 10 percent
- Pathophysiology and risk factors: 10 percent
- Human behavior: 5 percent
- Safety, injury prevention, and emergency procedures: 5 percent
- Nutrition and weight management: 2 percent
- Patient management and medications: 2 percent
- Program administration, quality assurance, and outcome assessment: 2 percent
- Medical and surgical management: 2 percent
To respond to the free practice questions in this ACSM clinical exercise specialist practice exam: Click the button corresponding to the best answer for each question. When you are finished, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. Your browser window will open, displaying your results, which help you review your knowledge, skill and strength on this exam.