In previous Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam practice, we have presents 30 multiple-choice questions and overview infomations about ACNP exam. In this practice test, besides 30 nursing exam practice questions as a thing of course, we would like to introduce to you some useful information about the ACNP exam.
The Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam contents:
The Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam covers five domains of practice:
- The relationship between nurse practitioner and patient (21 questions, 14.3 percent of the exam);
- Assessment and diagnosis (36 questions, 23.6 percent);
- Clinical management (51 questions, 33.9 percent);
- Healthcare delivery (21 questions, 14.1 percent);
- Professional responsibility (21 questions, 14.1 percent).
The exam material can also be broken down by type of health problem, with questions related to conditions in nine different body systems:
- Cardiovascular system issues covered include acute coronary syndromes, coronary artery disease, hypertension, heart failure, valvular disease, peripheral vascular disease, pericarditis, cardiomyopathy, aneurysm, and endocarditis.
- Pulmonary system disorder information addresses conditions such as emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, tuberculosis, and pleural effusion.
- Questions on the endocrine system cover topics that include diabetes mellitus, thyroid disease, Addison’s disease, Cushing’s disease, and diabetes insipidus.
- Neurologic conditions on the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam include cerebrovascular disease, neurologic inflammatory or degenerative processes, head and spinal cord trauma, meningitis, herniated disk, and headache.
- There are questions regarding disorders of the renal, genitourinary, and gynecologic systems, including infection, renal disease, benign prostate hypertrophy, renal artery stenosis, and renal calculi.
- Gastrointestinal system conditions on the exam include peptic ulcer disease, hepatitis, pancreatitis, peritonitis, appendicitis, bowel obstruction, and cirrhosis, among others.
- Hematology and oncology questions address anemias, cancers, sickle cell disease, and coagulopathies.
- Questions related to the immune system cover acquired immunodeficiency (AIDS) syndrome and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, rheumatoid arthritis, acute allergic reactions, and immunosuppression.
- Trauma and degenerative joint diseases of the musculoskeletal system are also addressed.
In addition, the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam covers some of the psychosocial health issues that are pertinent to the life of an acute-care nurse practitioner and includes violence, depression, substance abuse, anxiety, grief, sexuality, powerlessness, and altered mental states. The exam also addresses common problems in acute care, such as fever, shock, nutritional imbalances, poisoning, wound management, infections, transplantation, and pain.
Free Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam practice
For now, take 30 multiple-choice questions in this online Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam practice will help you prepare for the real exam.
Your result will display when you complete this practice (by click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page).