In this USMLE step 1 practice test, we continue introduce to you more infomation about the USMLE step 1 exam, corporeality: the MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM topic of the “USMLE Detailed Outline of Topics Covered on Step 1″ content.
Along with that, we also present 50 free USMLE step 1 sample questions and answers for the Step One of the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
- embryonic development, fetal maturation, and perinatal changes
- organ structure and function
- cell/tissue structure and function
- biology of bones, joints, tendons, skeletal muscle
- exercise and physical conditioning
- repair, regeneration, and changes associated with stage of life
- infectious, inflammatory, and immunologic disorders
- infectious disorders (eg, septic arthritis, Lyme disease, osteomyelitis)
- inflammatory disorders (eg, fibrositis, synovitis, tenosynovitis)
- immunologic disorders (eg, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, polymyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis, polymyalgia rheumatica)
- traumatic and mechanical disorders (eg, fractures, sprains, strains, dislocations, repetitive motion injuries)
- neoplastic disorders (eg, osteosarcoma, metastatic disease)
- metabolic, regulatory, and structural disorders (eg, dwarfism, osteogenesis imperfecta, osteomalacia, osteoporosis, osteodystrophy, gout, muscular dystrophy)
- vascular disorders (eg, polyarteritis nodosa, bone infarcts)
- systemic disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system (eg, diabetes mellitus)
- idiopathic disorders (eg, Dupuytren contracture, scoliosis, Paget disease)
- degenerative disorders (eg, disc disease, osteoarthritis)
Principles of therapeutics
- mechanisms of action, use, and adverse effects of drugs for treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics
- muscle relaxants
- antigout therapy (eg, allopurinol, colchicine, uricosuric drugs)
- immunosuppressive drugs (eg, glucocorticoids, gold, cytotoxic agents)
- drugs affecting bone mineralization (eg, bisphosphonates, calcitonin, estrogen analogs)
- other therapeutic modalities (eg, radiation, surgery, casts, rehabilitation)
Gender, ethnic, and behavioral considerations affecting disease treatment and prevention, including psychosocial, cultural, occupational, and environmental
- emotional and behavioral factors (eg, diet, exercise, seat belts, bicycle helmets)
- influence on person, family, and society (eg, osteoporosis, fractures in elderly, alcohol abuse, and fractures)
- occupational and other environmental risk factors (eg, athletes, musicians)
- gender and ethnic factors (eg, bone mass)
Free USMLE step 1 sample questions and answers
Fifty free USMLE step 1 sample questions in this USMLE step 1 test is divided into two sections, with 25 items each section. From Section 1 click the “Next” button at the bottom of the page to foward to Section 2.
Take our 50 free USMLE step 1 sample questions in this free USMLE step 1 practice test will help you review your knowledge, skill and strengths for the Step One of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) given by the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME).
To respond the practice questions in this free USMLE step 1 sample test: Click the button corresponding to the best answer for each question.
Related free usmle step 1 practice test:
Your result will be scored automatically and will display your strengths and weaknesses about your USMLE step 1 exam, when you finished (by the way: clicking the “Submit” button at the bottom of the Section 2’s page).