In this USMLE step 1 practice test, we continue present 50 free USMLE step 1 test questions and answers to help you prepare for the Step 1 of United States Medical Licensing Examination given by the National Board of Medical Examiners.
Also, in this USMLE step 1 test, we’ll continue to introduce to you the additional infomation about the USMLE Step 1 exam, the specific content of which is: USMLE Detailed Outline of Topics Covered on Step 1.
USMLE Detailed Outline of Topics Covered on Step 1
Biochemistry and molecular biology
- gene expression: DNA structure, replication, and exchange
- DNA structure: single- and double-stranded DNA, stabilizing forces, supercoiling
- analysis of DNA: sequencing, restriction analysis, PCR amplification, hybridization
- DNA replication, mutation, repair, degradation, and inactivation
- gene structure and organization; chromosomes; centromere, telomere
- recombination, insertion sequences, transposons
- mechanisms of genetic exchange, including transformation, transduction, conjugation, crossover, recombination, linkage
- plasmids and bacteriophages
- gene expression: transcription, including defects
- transcription of DNA into RNA, enzymatic reactions, RNA, RNA degradation
- regulation: cis-regulatory elements, transcription factors, enhancers, promoters, silencers, repressants, splicing
- gene expression: translation, including defects
- the genetic code
- structure and function of tRNA
- structure and function of ribosomes
- protein synthesis
- regulation of translation
- post-translational modifications, including phosphorylation, addition of CHO units
- protein degradation
- structure and function of proteins
- principles of protein structure and folding
- enzymes: kinetics, reaction mechanisms
- structural and regulatory proteins: ligand binding, self-assembly
- regulatory properties
- energy metabolism, including metabolic sequences and regulation
- generation of energy from carbohydrates, fatty acids, and essential amino acids; glycolysis, pentose phosphate pathway, tricarboxylic acid cycle, ketogenesis, electron transport and oxidative phosphorylation, glycogenolysis
- storage of energy: gluconeogenesis, glycogenesis, fatty acid and triglyceride synthesis
- thermodynamics: free energy, chemical equilibria and group transfer potential, energetics of ATP and other high-energy compounds
- metabolic pathways of small molecules and associated diseases
- biosynthesis and degradation of amino acids (eg, homocystinuria, maple syrup urine disease)
- biosynthesis and degradation of purine and pyrimidine nucleotides
- biosynthesis and degradation of lipids (eg, dyslipidemias, carnitine deficiency, adrenogenital syndromes)
- biosynthesis and degradation of porphyrins
- galactosemia and other small sugar disorders
- biosynthesis and degradation of other macromolecules and associated abnormalities, complex carbohydrates (eg, lysosomal storage disease), glycoproteins, and proteoglycans (eg, type II glycogen storage disease)
Free USMLE step 1 test questions and answers [50 items]
We will continue to introduce to you more information on the topic “USMLE Detailed Outline of Topics Covered on Step 1” in the next USMLE step 1 test.
Now, take our 50 free USMLE step 1 questions in this USMLE step 1 test to help you review your knowledge, skill and strengths on the USMLE step 1 exam.
Related free usmle step 1 practice test:
To respond the practice questions in this free USMLE step 1 practice test: Click the button corresponding to the best answer for each question.
When you are finished, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the Section 2’s page. Your browser window will reload, displaying your results.
This USMLE step 1 practice test is not timed, and you may take it as many times as you wish.