CPT Exam Information
BEFORE THE EXAM
To become an NASM-CPT, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification prior to sitting for the exam (not required to purchase the CPT).
- You must have a passion for health and fitness and helping others live healthier lives!
THE NASM-CPT EXAM
- Please print and review the NASM Certification Candidate Handbook for information regarding testing procedures. Click here to download pdf. (376K)
- Register for your exam by calling PSI/LaserGrade at (USA & Canada) or Schroeder Measurement Technologies (SMT)/IsoQuality Testing (International). You will be eligible to schedule your exam three (3) business days after signing up with NASM. Students will have 180 days from sign up date to take exam.
- Bring to testing center a valid, current Photo ID and current, valid Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification.*
*Certifications are accepted from the American Heart Association, American Red Cross, American Safety and Health Institute, St. John Ambulance, Emergency Care & Safety Institute or Emergency Medical Technician
AFTER THE EXAM
- If you pass the exam, you will be able to print a temporary certificate from your Member Page after three to five business days. An official certificate will be mailed to you within four weeks of passing the exam.
- If you do not pass the exam, you can call NASM-BOC at (800) 460-6276 thirty (30) days after your testing date to purchase a retest. Students will have 180 days from the retest purchase date to take the exam. If you have not passed the exam by your 3rd attempt, you will be required to wait one year before you can sit for the exam again. Get study help for the next exam.
- If you need to reschedule your exam appointment, you must call PSI/LaserGrade at (800) 733-9267 with more than 24 hours notice or you will be charged a late cancellation fee. If you do not show for an exam appointment, you will be required to pay a no show fee.
NASM CPT practice test and instant result
Along with above CPT exam information, we also continue present 100 NASM CPT practice test questions and answers for the NASM CPT Exam.
Related NASM CPT practice test:
Take this free NASM CPT practice test to see how prepared you are for a National Academy of Sports Medicine – Certified Personal Trainer certification exam.